September 2021 Newsletter
Did you hear the news? Crypto is back on the move.
ICYMI: Asset drops and a focus on policy
September rang in new assets on the Blockchain.com Wallet and Exchange. Early in the month, we added Polygon (MATIC) and Maker (MKR) to the Exchange, followed by DeSo later in the month. These new assets pave the way for a decentralized future: in finance with MATIC and MKR and in social media with DeSo.
The Wallet also saw new assets, adding functionality for Dai (DAI) and Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) tokens.
This month we welcomed our new Head of U.S. Policy, Ian Mair. The next 18 months will be critical to the creation and adoption of a permanent regulatory framework for crypto around the world. We’re delighted to have Ian on the team to help us build the rules by which crypto will continue to thrive.
The Bottom Line
The crypto markets were back on the move this month. Top tokens Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano trended down, starting the month at $47K, $3.4K, and $2.76 and ending at $42K, $2.8K, and $2.22 respectively.
Feature of the Month: Buy and sell crypto
When the markets are choppy, you need a reliable platform to buy and sell crypto whether you’re in front of your computer or on the move. The Blockchain.com Wallet lets you do just that.
Verify your identity, add a debit card or bank account, and start investing. It’s that easy.
Crypto events were in full swing this month with Digital Asset Summit and Mainnet 2021 both opening in New York City. Community members gathered together to explore ideas, new projects, initiatives and more. And off the heels of these community gatherings, Twitter announced the launch of a new crypto tipping system for all users.
Blockchain.com in the News
- Coindesk — James Rubin of Coindesk reported on the addition of Ian Mair, Blockchain.com’s new Head of U.S. Policy
- Money Maze Podcast — Nicolas Cary, Co-Founder of Blockchain.com, joined Simon Brewer in a two part series (Part 1 / Part 2) about Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and A New World Order.
- Protocol — Benjamin Pimentel interviewed Blockchain.com CEO and Co-Founder, Peter Smith, on his steady approach in building Blockchain.com.
- The Diplomat Podcast — Garrick Hileman, Head of Research at Blockchain.com, joined Jason Greenblatt to explain and answer questions about cryptocurrency.
- The Scoop — Peter Smith was back in the spotlight, recording an episode of The Scoop with The Block’s Frank Chaparro